Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ties that Bind


Ties that Bind

As the day begins
And the darkness fades
The sunlight burns off the night promises we made
I crawled into bed with you never to leave
But the ties that had bound us are already frayed

It was raining
You pulled me under the eave
But some knots are simply too tricky to weave
I flew out the door without saying goodbye
And our love blew apart like a handful of leaves

You were perfect
But the price was too high
If I find whatever I'm missing I'll die
You pull me apart on this terrible rack
Yet somehow my heart can't escape from your side


I keep running
Out into the black
But a glimmer of hope keeps me crawling right back


The bright candle,
I blew out your flame
But though you were handled you never were tame

Shining star,
I dragged you to earth,
But though you were scarred you kept all of your worth

Why can't I put your face out of my mind
I've finally been caught by the ties that can bind

No comments:

Post a Comment